What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs, Rolls over your neighbor's dog? What's great for a snack and fits on your back? It's Blog, Blog, Blog! It's Blo-og, Blo-og, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood. It's Blo-og, Blo-og, it's better than bad, it's good! Everyone wants a Blog! You're gonna love it, Blog! Come on and get your Blog! Everyone needs a Blog!

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Region-Free apparently doesn't mean Crap-Free


revolver uk.jpg, originally uploaded by macslost.

Now that I have a region-free player, I've started collecting all those things I wanted to see but couldn't have because of the elitist trade sanctions that quarter the world into R1, R2, R3 and R4 (we do get to be #1, though). Anyway! I ordered some of all the above!

In Region 3 I got THE HOST, a Korean monster movie that's supposed to be awesome and just came out this year. Region 4 brought me DAYWATCH, the sequel to the awesome Russian vampire/fantasy action fest NIGHTWATCH as well as the hilarious Australian comedy KENNY. In the R2 arena I ordered ASTERIX & OBELIX: MISSION CLEOPATRA and Guy Ritchie's REVOLVER, two flix I have been waiting a long, long, long time to see. Asterix hasn't arrived yet, so Revolver became the 'christening' film for my new OPPO DVD player.

Well, let me be the first to tell you, there's a REASON Revolver never came out in the States. It's because it SUCKS. Man, when Madonna married Ritchie and stole his balls for her little collection, she really robbed the world. This flick has a plot that makes NO sense at all, the cinematography consists only of different colored films and cheap sets. The cast is weak (Jason Staham, Ray Liotta, Andre 3000, Vincent Pastore) and the dialogue is even worse. Avoid more than you would avoid Swept Away.

Guy Ritchie is dead.

Rest in peace.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home