What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs, Rolls over your neighbor's dog? What's great for a snack and fits on your back? It's Blog, Blog, Blog! It's Blo-og, Blo-og, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood. It's Blo-og, Blo-og, it's better than bad, it's good! Everyone wants a Blog! You're gonna love it, Blog! Come on and get your Blog! Everyone needs a Blog!

Saturday, January 08, 2005

TOP FILMS of 2004

OK, before I start this list, I want to be very clear on what it actually is. This is NOT "The Best Films of 2004". I am not an avid fan of the BEST films of 2004. I know that Hotel Rwanda is an amazing film, but seriously? I won't be watching it again on a regular basis. And while I own The Godfather and Schindler's List and A Beautiful Mind, it is not often they find themselves spinning away in my DVD player, either. This is a list of the movies that will get stuffed into the player simply because they are: A) great no-brainer fun to watch while I do other things like updating my outdated blog. B) just really good from beginning to end without being overly dramatic and heavy. Now on with the list! BEST HORROR: Dawn of the Dead, Saw. BEST DRAMA: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Before Sunset, Garden State, Finding Neverland, Sideways. BEST SCI-FI: Hellboy, Van Helsing, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, The Incredibles. BEST ACTION: Kill Bill Vol. 2, The Bourne Supremacy, Hero, National Treasure. BEST COMEDY: Mean Girls, Napoleon Dynamite, Anchorman, Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle, Shaun of the Dead, Dodgeball. These are in no order, but the TOP FILMS of 2004 for rewatchability are by far: NAPOLEON DYNAMITE, DAWN OF THE DEAD, GARDEN STATE, SHAUN OF THE DEAD. In that order. Let's hope 2005 has some more gems. I will be doing my "Most anticipated" list soon.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home