What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs, Rolls over your neighbor's dog? What's great for a snack and fits on your back? It's Blog, Blog, Blog! It's Blo-og, Blo-og, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood. It's Blo-og, Blo-og, it's better than bad, it's good! Everyone wants a Blog! You're gonna love it, Blog! Come on and get your Blog! Everyone needs a Blog!

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Crackberrylicious


Crackberrylicious, originally uploaded by macslost.

I put off getting one of these things for soooo long. Mostly because I didn't want to carry around one of those fat phones in my pocket. It didn't matter WHAT they did, it was too big. It's the same reason why the PDAs I've had in the past get used for about 6 months and then forgotten. Too big, too annoying.

But then. THEN. Then Dinah tells me about the new BlackBerry Pearl she's been coveting. I thought I'd take a look and oh. Oh. It was so pretty. So, so pretty. So...preciooouuusssss...Small. Light. Internet access. E-mail access to any & all e-mail accounts. Also? Also? I converted it to a wireless modem. So if I have my laptop and no internet access I can use my phone as a modem. HOW AWESOME IS THAT?!

So since I had to travel to London and then again to Hawaii in a few weeks I thought I'd best get one since now that I'm freelance, there's not really any such thing as vacation because I don't have any work back-up. Though being freelance also means you aren't necessarily at anyone's beck & call, so my time is more flexible.

And now, now I don't have to get up and see if new e-mail came in or run home to see what's been happening. It just comes to me all on itself.

And it's...it's...glorious. And I gotta say, for a while I've been wondering how the hell some of my friends (Allistair especially) can type so damn fast in text replies and now I know. Smart Type, how do I love thee? I'd count the ways, but I'm gonna check my e-mail now.

NOTE: T-Mobile is WAY cheaper than Cingular (the only two companies that carry the Pearl) and has better International service. Everyone here with Cingular can't make 1/2 the phone calls they want to. HAW-HAW!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Alexander Black said...

Welcome to the smart phone fold my friend. Just wait a few weeks and you'll soon be pecking away SMS and emails at a blistering pace.

12:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home