What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs, Rolls over your neighbor's dog? What's great for a snack and fits on your back? It's Blog, Blog, Blog! It's Blo-og, Blo-og, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood. It's Blo-og, Blo-og, it's better than bad, it's good! Everyone wants a Blog! You're gonna love it, Blog! Come on and get your Blog! Everyone needs a Blog!

Friday, November 17, 2006

Pixar! ILM!


DSC02980.JPG
Originally uploaded by macslost.
There are some sucky parts of my job. Stupid thinks like going to Hawaii for LOST or Las Vegas for SCRUBS and such. Well a few weeks ago I HAD to go to the Pixar Studios to promote CARS. On Halloween. Now, Pixar is a damn cool place anyway and people there LOVE their jobs, so getting to be there when they actually have a costume contest on Halloween was pretty dope. There were a lot of great costumes, but my three faves were the Tetris group...

DSC02986.JPG

...12 people that all shaved their heads and wore glasses, dressing and acting like a coworker (he didn't know ahead of time)...

DSC02993.JPG

...and Peter Pan's shadow, which was pretty ingenious.

After suffering through a miserable day at Pixar, I HAD to go to ILM, where we learned all about the FX for Pirates of the Caribbean 2. First off, I'll tell you this: ILM has the most kick-ass digital theater I have ever seen. MIND blowing. And their offices kick ass because they have all the random props and models from some of the hundreds of flicks they've made. My fave: The full-size bad guy in his mini-shuttle from Inner Space. Awesome.

The coolest tidbit was this:

DavyLowrezA.jpg

Davy Jones ('played' by Bill Nighy) was ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CGI. NOTHING was real. Not the clothes, not the hat, makeup, not even his EYES. And I would swear a million times over that those were Bill's real eyes. Incredible stuff. Plus, they learned how to shoot without a green screen and still do backgrounds. Awesome.

Oh, right, like I said. My job blows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home